Senior UI designer with UX skills
Key skills detail
- Creative eye for pixel perfect detail.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe CC Suite skills.
- Ability to translate brand guidelines and user requirements into UI visual design concepts from wireframes, standards and functional specifications.
- UX usability and accessibility principals in visual design.
- Front-end development skills HTML & CSS.
- Axure, Balsamic, Sketch tools.
- Style guides and version control experience.
- Creation of data viz and infographics.
- Prototyping in Invision/ Marvel/ Adobe XD.
- Colour theory, psychology of colours and visual cues.
- A deep understanding of mobile platforms and mobile related design best practices, responsive design and native applications.
- Understanding of the intricacies of visual design and front-end development.
- Asset production for web, software, iOS and Android.
- Understanding of the usage of personas and user journeys and applying specified user research and customer needs to the overall visual design.
- Ability to accept and implement feedback.
- Knowledgeable in SEO practices.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with key clients.
I am currently employed at Designit, London.
A bit of background
Senior Digital Visual Designer instrumental in shaping the visual experience for digital transformation projects. Designing visual elements for responsive web, mobile and software system interfaces. 7+ years experience in designing and prototyping UI interfaces for platforms and providing creative direction for global organisations. I’m a strong believer that UX without research. I also have experience creating data visualisation for large brands and designing style guides for brands from scratch.
Additionally, I have vast professional experience with Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe CC software, Sketch, Axure as well as live prototyping in Invision and Marvel.
When I’m not at work, you can find me at design museums or at outdoor adventures.
US Bank, NatWest, Philips, AstraZeneca, Novartis, Prudential, Virgin Media, Chelsea FC, Vodafone, EE, Lloyds Bank, RBS 6 Nations, BP, Shell
I’ve worked with some of the worlds most high profile clients with a global reach and from a wide variety of industries. Sectors I have worked in includes those from Banking and Finance, Insurance, Pharmaceuticals, Automobile, Oil, Communications, Media, Defense and Security, Police, Technology, Sports and Entertainment companies.
Want to work together? I’d love to hear from you.
My Design Process
Gathering requirements and research
– Defining the: Brand/ User/ Goals
– UX Workshops in ideation, personas, user journeys, user flows
Sketching and wireframing
Prototype > test > iterate > refine
Design high fidelity UI visuals, interactions and package up assets
Support build and implementation by developers
Education and hobbies
Coming from a strong creative background, I completed a BA Hons Course in Product Design at the University of Leeds, and went on to complete a Master CIW Web Design course. I am passionate about the science behind the UX process and translating into my user interface designs, whilst adhering to client brand guidelines of course! In my spare time I like playing guitar, photography and snowboarding!