UX/UI design for a global insurance, pensions and investments company
The company had no existing platform for its customisers to view and make changes to their existing pension fund. The project was to a design an online portal for users to register, log on and view recent account activity online.
- Providing a clear and straightforward user experience for the registration process.
- Getting rid of hard to remember customers account numbers.
- Display complex data clearly and intuitively with infographics to clearly communicate pension fund value at a quick glance.
- Designing a way to allow customers the ability to edit their account information easily.
- Visualising a display of recent breakdown of activity.
- Updating the outdated UI and style guide – last updated in 1990’s for a modern on trend look and feel.
- Making sure photography reflected the brand.
Users were put at the centre, allowing them to complete their tasks within their user journey in as few steps as possible – giving them a seamless and intuitive user experience. The UI was a clean, minimalist design, making use of white space, enforcing the company brand with fonts and UI elements.
The Design Process
- Gathering requirements and research
- Defining the: Brand/ User/ Goals
- UX Workshops in ideation, personas, user journeys, user flows
Sketching and wireframing
Prototype > test > iterate > refine
Design high fidelity UI visuals, interactions and package up assets
Support build and implementation by developers
Working closely with the UX team from the start during the discovery phase through conceptualisation, ideation, developing personas, user journeys, user flows, user testing and prototyping. I did a big moodboarding piece researching competitors and brand positioning in the market. I came up with a series of concepts to modernise UI and existing style guide before designing the UI after validation by the global brand team of course ;).
- Date October 14, 2015
- Tags UI Visual Design